BUTTERFLY PHOTO/VIDEO CONTEST 2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: “Butterfly Classroom Photo Contest 2023” (“Contest”) is open only to professional educators in the United States, 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Earth’s Birthday Project dba Celebrate Planet Earth (“Sponsor/Contest Administrator”) and their “Contest Participants” (i.e., each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers involved in this contest) and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step- brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister and/or spouses of each) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE: By submitting photo(s) and/or video(s), the Contest Participant grants Earth’s Birthday Project DBA Celebrate Planet Earth permission to use the image to publicly promote the mission and programs of Celebrate Planet Earth. Images of children’s faces will NOT be used without signed parental photo/video release. I understand that the image(s) may be used in print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media. I also understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation is payable to me by reason of such use.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Beginning on 04/07/2023 through 06/30/2023, educators are invited to submit digital photographs and videos by:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram direct message – @celebrateplanetearth
Facebook Messenger – @celebrateplanetearth
On or about 07/01/2023 a panel of 3 or more specialists will select one (1) potential grand prize winner and ten (10) potential top ten prize winners in both categories: Photos and Videos. All correct entries will also be automatically entered into the panel selection. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
5. GRAND PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Potential Grand Prize winner will be selected as the most engaging photograph and (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected as the most engaging video on or about 07/01/2023 from among all eligible entries received. Grand Prize winners will be notified by phone, email, direct message or mail. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV’): (1) Grand Prize: A package including a Celebrate Planet Earth Premium T-shirt and Tote Bag, a classroom set of 100 Wild Wigglyz finger puppets, and additional classroom educational materials — valued at approximately
$200.00 — and is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. (10) Top Ten Prizes of a Celebrate Planet Earth Tote Bag and a set of 20 Wild Wigglyz finger puppets — valued at approximately $50.00 — and is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. All prizes consist of only the items listed as the prize. Prizes are given away on behalf of Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize winners will receive a prize shipment at their chosen address. If the prize is returned for any reason, prize will be forfeited and the potential winner will be disqualified. In the event a Prize winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate via panel selection from all eligible entries received. Winners may be required to complete and sign a Liability/Publicity Release/Prize Acceptance Form to receive the prize. Prizes may not be transferred, sold, or assigned in any way without Sponsor’s prior approval.
8. RELEASE & HOLD HARMLESS: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Earth’s Birthday Project DBA Celebrate Planet Earth and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines (including but not limited to disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention); (c) printing, typographical, verbal mis-statements in running the Contest, or other errors appearing in these Official Contest Rules, or in other Contest related materials; (d) technical issues in telecommunications and functional problems with the provided telephone number, email address or url; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, attendance at any remote event or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Contest.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be responsible for cancellation of the Contest as a result of severe weather, acts of war, terrorism, natural disasters, riots, governmental action, labor strikes, or any other event beyond Sponsor’s control. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software as well as human error; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error, including, without limitation, digital communication and phone communication misstatements by the staff regarding the Contest, which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, attendance at any remote event or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
11. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that:(a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved without resorting to any form of court action, and exclusively by the “Contest Administrator”.
12. WIN LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 6/30/2023, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Butterfly Classroom Win List, Celebrate Planet Earth, PO Box 1536, Santa Fe, NM 87504, to be received by 8/31/2023.
13. SPONSOR: Celebrate Planet Earth, PO Box 1536, Santa Fe, NM 87504.
14. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: Celebrate Planet Earth, PO Box 1536, Santa Fe, NM 87504.