An unforgettable, hands-on learning experience. Children nurture tiny caterpillars and sprout seeds. They care for beautiful butterflies and grow striking sunflowers.
• 3-5 painted lady caterpillars in a clear cup with food & a ventilated lid
• Fold-out, paper house for your butterflies
• Life cycle poster with care information
• 25 packets of giant sunflower seeds
• Every Seed Counts, a storybook about the life cycle of a sunflower
• Colorful poster with instructions for growing sunflowers
• CT and WA prohibit the release of live butterflies
• Shipped March through October
Tiny caterpillars arrive in their own cup with everything they need. The cup includes food, a paper cover & a ventilated lid. Watch the caterpillars eat and grow, grow, grow! After reaching full size, caterpillars will hang from the paper cover. Then they will form chrysalises. Remove the plastic lid & peel off the paper. Use tape to hang the chrysalises in the butterfly house. One by one, chrysalises will open to reveal a new butterfly!
Our Sunflower Celebration Kit comes with 25 seed packets. Instructions for sprouting seeds right in your classroom included. Create pots from cups, newspaper, egg cartons, or pop-up seed starters. Plant your seeds and watch them sprout. Send a seed packet home with each child. Over the summer, they can grow sunflowers until they bloom. Children are invited to submit a picture of themselves with their blooming plants. Celebrate Planet Earth sends the child a prize. It’s our way of saying “Way to grow!”
Available while seed supplies last.